Monday, December 28, 2009

Replay, Please...

I'm not ready to be done with Christmas yet...
Why can't the season last a little longer?
Next year I'm going to start decorating on Nov. 1st, just to drag it out.
Or not, Mike would never let that happen :)
The weather made things interesting this year...for everyone, I'm sure.
First time in my 32 years that I haven't been able to celebrate in Wallace :(
Big bummer.
But, our family was all safe in different locations...so thankful for that!
We ventured to Mike's parents on Christmas Day.
An interesting 8 mile ride to say the least!
But so worth it...spending a snowy Christmas together was extra fun.
Soooo grateful that his dad escorted us home in the tractor :)

He dug out some drifts for us along the way.
We never would have made it on our own!
My family was together at our house on the 26th.
It definitely wasn't the same as being together at mom and dad's,
but it was great to be together nonetheless.
And we had a really good time.
All of the rescheduling kind of brought the focus back for me.
I wanted to feel really sorry for myself at first.
I wanted to be at home...and hated that my parents were alone.
And then it felt like I was gently reminded...
It's not about the people, the traditions, the gifts, the fun.
Those are just a bonus.
It's about the birth of Jesus.
Our Savior.
I found myself thinking about Mary.
About her ride to Bethlehem on a donkey...very pregnant.
I was complaining about being uncomfortable in the car the other day.
Hmmm.
And giving birth in a stable...a stable...seriously.
Christmas wasn't messed up...it was just as it was supposed to be.
And I'm ever so thankful...just not quite ready to let it go.


Here are a few pics from our celebrations:

(not in order b/c I have a terrible time moving pics on blogger, anyone have tips for this?)

Sporting her sweet new elmo slippers

he can hardly control his excitement


grammy, papa, and grandkids
always a comical experience!
Aldyn loved having her cousins here to play

A sweet horse for baby H...AG is breaking it in :)

A big wagon!

helping grandma with her present
she started cooking in her new kitchen right away!

opening her baby doll
after that she thought every gift would be a baby
so sweet
not so sure what to think about this guy
but she did talk for days about the candy cane he gave her :)

No comments: