Tuesday, December 1, 2009

New Phrases

So we've been working on manners...
hoping our girl will learn to be polite,
because right now we hear a lot of "No, mine!"
even in her sleep...not so cute.

She seems to be catching on...somewhat.
And apparently she's learned the power of "no thank you".
Because that's what I heard yesterday several different times...
*when I told her it was time for nap
*when I asked if she needed a clean diaper (and she did!)
*when it was time to get out of the bathtub
*when I was trying to coax her to eat more supper

Last night when I was putting her jammies on,
she passed a little gas...
I prompted her by "What do you say?"
(normally she responds with a cute little "u me")
She looked at me with a slightly confused expression and said,
"Thank you?"
Not quite what I was looking for :)

Not sure where this came from...
but her newest greeting is "Hi guys!"
Super cute when she's talking to someone we know....
but we were eating at Qdoba the other day,
and she kept leaning over to the booth of men behind us
and several times gave them a cheerful "hi guys!"
Thankfully they were nice and didn't seem too annoyed :)

And, she's a girl after her daddy's heart...
we went for a little ride in the grain cart with him last night.
She was relaxed and quiet the whole time,
and we had to work to keep her awake.
When we were getting out she said,
"more tractor? more, more!"
And continued to talk about it after we got home.


And all of that cuteness just wears a girl out!

Naptime...possibly my favorite time of day :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think it's time for a new post, sista. :) I had fun getting to hear all the new phrases last weekend. I miss my girl!