Monday, August 22, 2011

A Fun Find

I've been wanting a playhouse for the girls for a while now, but wasn't sure what to get, didn't want to spend a fortune, etc. At the beginning of the summer I mentioned to a friend that I was looking for one, and asked if she'd let me know if she saw any on garage sales. She's good at keeping an eye on that stuff, and I'm not a good garage sale-er. In fact we don't even get the paper any more. So a couple of weeks ago she mentioned to me that there was going to be a playhouse on a garage sale the next day. I actually remembered to go check it out, and decided it would be perfect for the girls.


So we brought it home...

gave it a little tlc...
and found the perfect spot for it in our backyard...

I'm hoping the girls will get lots of hours of enjoyment out of it. It's so fun to see their imaginations at work. I'd say it was well worth 100 bucks!
I must have a little of my mother in me because, while I'm not always a great bargain shopper I do love a good deal!


2 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh...that is the CUTEST playhouse! They are going to have hours and hours of fun in there! FUN..and yes, $100 was a great deal! :)

Mom said...

Sooo Sweet! Glad you inherited that "bargain gene"!