Friday, September 4, 2009

Meal Idea

I know what you're thinking...4 blogposts on a Friday night? I should get a life...seriously.



I made one of my all-time favorite meals for supper tonight, and thought I'd share. If you like roast, potatoes and carrots in the crock-pot, you'll love this. My Grandpa used to make it for me when I'd go to their house for supper when I was in college...and my mom makes it for me almost every time I'm home...I never get tired of it. Tonight I made it with potatoes and carrots fresh from the garden...oh no, not my garden, cuz I don't have one...one of Mike's landlords shared some of his goods, and I figured this was the best way to use them.


What you do:

-heat up electric skillet to about 300*

-add about a tablespoon of crisco

-brown roast on each side briefly...season with pepper, onion salt, garlic salt

-cover & cook roast for a couple hours, turning occasionally

-peel potatoes and cut in half...add to skillet

-add carrots (the amont of veg. is up to you...depends on how big your family is and how much room you have in your skillet)

-add some onion slices for flavor if you have one on hand, I never do

-cover & cook for another hour or so

-when veggies are tender, remove everything from skillet

-if you so desire, make a little gravy from with the drippings

-just whisk a tablespoon or two of flour into 2 cups water, add to skillet, season and whisk


**super easy and tasty! make some crescent rolls to serve with it and you're set! enjoy!

No comments: