Aldyn & I had a fun, quick trip to Wallace Thursday - Saturday. My grandma got to come with this time which made it extra special. She has difficulty getting around, so doesn't stray too far from home, but I'm so glad she decided to come. She made all the transfers in and out of the car and house like a champ and is just the neatest lady...every time I'm around her I am more amazed at her patience and how extremely gracious she is...and so full of faith...the real kind...you see it lived out in her everyday life. I want to be more like her!
Did I mention that she's patient? Aldyn screamed nearly the whole two hours on our way out west...worst trip I've ever had with her. Good thing grandma isn't very mobile or she might have made a run for it when I slowed down to go through one of the 13 small towns on our way there...heck, I even thought about it! She just said (or more like yelled in order to be heard above the gut-wrenching screams) "It doesn't bother me"..."What a beautiful drive"....like I said, the woman is a saint...and it doesn't hurt that she raised 5 girls of her own. Our timing was better on the way home and the ride was peaceful and we could enjoy visiting. Thank you, Jesus!
"Lost in Younkers" on Friday night. She had a big part, a million lines to memorize, and did an amazing job playing a difficult character. She was incredible! I'm so glad we were able to take it in. She also managed to cook a lot of good food and take great care of us while we were there :) I can take credit for her sweet hair in this pic...part of her get-up for the play!
Giving the kitty some lovin' with Grandpa and Aunt Mollie. My dad even babysat while Grandma and I went to the play...they got along great...he is so good with Aldyn! Even had her in bed for the night when I got home.
Reason # 27: I found this vine/weed/plant growing behind our computer desk..yes, inside the house. Lovely accessory for the printer, don't ya think? Geesh!

3 comments:
oh wendy!!!!! the vine!!!!!! oh my goodness!!!! i am laughing about it, but it's ok to laugh since i know you won't be there much longer. :) i have never seen anything like that. ....i'm so glad you're moving.......
hahahahaha
Tell Mike that it is illegal to grow weed in the house. Actually, it's illegal anywhere.
I laughed out loud when I saw the vine...that is too funny. :-) Just can't wait to see your new house...although really I think your house now is pretty cute (although I know you hold all the credit there)!
Post a Comment