Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Hump Day

Just a random post about what we've been up to lately... AG enjoyed her first taste of spaghetti...liked it even better off of daddy's plate!
We were in Wal-Mart yesterday and spotted the swings...I've been meaning to get her one for some time now....so we grabbed one and she loves it...like most kids, she'd spend all day outside if she could!


The weather was gorgeous today, so we headed to the park for a walk. While we were there we checked out the play area...this was really the first time we'd done that. She didn't care too much about the swings, slides or merry-go-round, but she had a good time just playing in the gravel.


This girl just melts my heart. I can't get enough of her. Today when we got to the park, there was no one else in the play area...then two boys showed up. We didn't know them and they were about 3 or 4 years old. Aldyn was so excited and kept saying "hi, hi, hi" and wanted to follow them around. Of course, they were typical busy little boys and totally ignored her. I couldn't help but think that I'm so glad she's not old enough to get her feelings hurt. It gave me a glimpse into the future...and someday that will happen...not sure if my heart will be able to handle it!



On a completely different note...if you know me, you probably know we're moving...and if you know me very well you know that I am ultra-excited about this! Our house has served us well, but it's really old and starting to show it's age. I'm really looking forward to more space, and an updated house but mostly, I'm looking forward to being much closer to town...where most of my friends and activities are. I've felt a little (okay a lot) isolated out here at times..but it will be bittersweet...this is such a peaceful place and we've made lots of memories here. One thing I'll miss...all the perennials...we have daffodils and tulips blooming like crazy right now. They are gorgeous and don't require a thing from me :)

I have moving on my mind...and have been pouring through home decorating magazines, blogs and other resources. If you know of any good places to get inspiration I would love to know about them. I'm trying to decide on some paint colors, and need to see ideas. I would love it if you would share. Thanks!!

No comments: