Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Such a Gift

"Every good and perfect gift comes from above."
James 1:17


Dear Aldyn,

I can hardly believe it's been a whole year since we first met you. You are the most precious gift we have ever received. Do you know how much you are loved? Your daddy and I always wanted a family, and when we found out it might be difficult for us to have one, we wanted it that much more. Oh how we prayed for you! We knew God had a perfect plan, but it wasn't an easy one. We cried lots of tears, pleaded with God, and even dared to doubt Him at times...we thought we knew better than He did. But He knew that you would arrive at just the perfect time and He knew that He could teach us many things through you. Since you've been here it's been easier for us to look back and say...His plan was good and right. Through you he has taught us more about our own parents' love for us...we didn't quite get the depth of that before. And He's taught us about His love for us...wow, we love you so much, but He loves you more...and us...and every single person He created...I just can't quite get my head around that! But it's cool to think about. Before you were born He knew he would give you to us...and He knows the details about every single day of your life. I sooo want you to know and to love Him...and someday to learn to love like Him...with no conditions. This world we live in is going to give you trouble and heartache...I don't think I'm ready for that...but if we trust in the only One who won't let us down...we'll be able to see the joy that He has in store for us. We love you precious girl - Happy 1st Birthday!!




Here are some pictures of your first few days of life:









And here you are at one year:

No comments: