A must read, especially for women. It's taken me a while to get through it. We started it as a small group...and I'm not sure why, but we never seem to finish anything. Now we've been discussing it in our mom's group and watching some videos that go along with it. So good! It digs deep into our hearts as women. I'm nearing the end and read this poem today...loved it!I AM
Oh gently lay your head
Upon My chest
And I will comfort you like a Mother while you rest.
The tide can change so fast
But I will stay
The same through Past, the same in Future,
Same Today.
Oh weary, tired and worn
Let out your sighs
And drop that heavy load you hold
Cuz Mine is light.
I know you through and through
There's no need to hide.
I want to show you love that is deep and high and wide.
For I am constant.
I am near.
I am peace that shatters all your secret fears.
I am holy.
I am wise.
I'm the only One, who knows your heart's desires.
Oh gently lay your head upon My chest
And I will comfort you like a Mother
While you rest.
-John Phillips
So, what do you think? Does this speak to you like it did to me? I felt so calm and content after reading through it a couple of times. Like it was written just for me, exactly what I needed. Now I should put it somewhere that I'll see if often. I need constant reminders like that...I easily forget how loved I am. I'd love to know your thoughts on this...and on other things that encourage you...
No comments:
Post a Comment