When I decided to resign from teaching and be a full-time mom, I envisioned myself finally having more of a quiet, spiritual time at some point during the day. I haven't done it. I've bought books, made promises to God and myself, but I'm ashamed to admit that I always let something else take priority. I have a strong desire to grow, and keep realizing that I need Jesus more than ever. So, not really knowing where to start, but feeling motivated after our mom's group this morning, I busted out one of those books that I ordered a couple of months ago. It's full of ideas about how to pray throughout the day....there's a poem at the end of the chapter that I thought I would share. I know that I have it pretty easy right now, with just my little, easy-going, six month old to care for. Life is only going to get more busy for me, so I'm determined to make time for God now. I was thinking of all you gals with 2,3,4 + kids when I read this as well...enjoy!
"chaos prayer"
Lord, in the chaos of the morning routine, may I find myself clear in you, your love, joy, peace, and patience.
When everything is screaming urgently for my attention, may my ear be attuned to your "still, small voice."
When my body is going at a frantic pace, may you keep my spirit in tune with the rhythmic beat of your heart of love and my soul refreshed with your wonderful breath of life.
When I let go of my children day by day, may you hold on tighter and tighter to this child of yours.
Thank you, Abba; I love you, and I desperately need you.
from Prayer Starters for busy moms, by Tracy Klehn
1 comment:
Wendi:
Thanks for sharing the poem!! Sometimes it's so true. But the reward for listening to that "still, small voice" will be cherished within your our heart forever and ever. I'm trying to train Skylar to hear Him.
Post a Comment