pride. There, I said it.
(A little background info...)
So, I meet with a group of gals on a weekly basis. It's awesome, and I think every woman should be a part of such a group. It's taken time (a year), but we are able to be real...really, and that doesn't always come so easily now does it? There are 5 of us, and when we get together we catch up on each other's lives for a little bit, and then usually have some sort of study or book to discuss. The study is important, but doesn't take priority...if someone is struggling, or needs to talk, that's what we do. I love it so much, and feel kinda lost if we don't get to meet for some reason.
(On to the point...)
We're reading a Beth Moore book/study called Breaking Free. It's really good stuff. But one chapter that I read last night undid me. It was on pride. O my. I knew pride was an issue for me, but guess I didn't realize the magnitude. Like it's hard for me to tell you that I have an issue with pride (pride). I kind of like to think I can do a lot of things in my own power (pride). I like to take credit for things done well (pride). I care way too much what people think of me (pride). And I could go on and on...
She suggested reading Job 38, to help change our perspective. I'm almost certain I had never read that chapter before, because it gave me goosebumps. Go read it right now. And then ask yourself, "Seriously, why do I ever question God?" I totally understand going through tough circumstances and not understanding, be frustrated, and even angry. And the crazy thing is, God is ok with that. Whatever ultimately draws us closer to Him. But this passage reminded me to trust...totally. To give it up. He's got it. He doesn't need my help. No, really. All He asks is that I give Him my time and that He is glorified through my life. So my mind has been spinning today, trying to wrap itself around this, and being acutely aware of my sick pride issue. That chapter did a number on my pride. Thank goodness.
Speaking of pride...do I have any readers out there?? I think there might be a few of you, or maybe I'm writing to myself. That would be okay too, it's kind of therapeutic for me :) It's just kind of a weird feeling to blog, and then have no idea who's reading it. Don't get me wrong...I'm totally guilty of reading blogs and never or rarely commenting, because I'm in a hurry or don't have the right words, or I don't know the person and feel weird that I'm reading their blog :) I get it. It would just be fun to know who's out there...if you so choose :)
Happy Monday!
5 comments:
I'm here... and I like what you had to say today. Sounds like a great book. Some days it feels like God's whole goal is to show me my own pride... and my need for Him..... ugh (but good). Thanks for being real. Glad you have a life-giving group like that!
When I have a little "me" time, your blog is the first thing I go to! I have to admit that I am actually a little disappointed when I pull it up and don't have a new post to read! I follow several blogs, but the Hadley Home is my favorite...entertaining and inspiring!!!
Wendi, I loved your post (as always). I'm so thankful for you as a faithful friend and your realness. What a great God we worship together!
You continue to inspire me as you grow dear daughter! It makes me proud {pride} but somehow I think it's OK!!
Hi, My name is Carrie. I'm 34 from Vancouver, WA. I found your blog thru Joys Hope - then maybe thru one other? Just clicking away.
I have two kids - a boy (4) and a girl (5 months).
I liked the couple posts I read, and liked your artwork. :)
I'll save you and keep reading..
take care!
Post a Comment