Yesterday we had the privilege of helping my Grandma Elaine celebrate her 80th birthday. We have a large extended family, and all but 3 of us were together, and it made for a very full, but very fun day. You've heard me say before how much I admire her and what an amazing lady she is. I think the feeling is mutual among our family. She's a quiet inspiration and wonderful example of a humble servant. Just being in her presence lowers my blood pressure :)
Just a few of the things I've learned from Grandma....
- A little grace goes a long way.
- Patience pays off.
- In the hard times, God is trying to teach you something...be quiet and learn it :)
- Prayer truly is powerful.
- The special things in life aren't "things".
- Humility never goes out of style.
As usual, the day was busy, and it was more fun to visit than take pictures. So, I didn't have my camera out enough...and the pictures I got aren't that great, but I'll share a few.

Grandma with her 5 Daughters
Mary, Karla, Jan, Ruth, Beth...love these aunts of mine & my momma too!

Grandma with her 9 great grandkids
Sawyer, Sophie, Paige, Gunnar, Lainey, Aldyn, Addi, Cade & Connor

Love this smile :)
She told me at the end of the day that 80 isn't so bad...I think it looks good on her!
1 comment:
I love the new layout of your blog! Cute! I can't believe little miss Aldyn has changed so much in one year. Hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment